LG Google Nexus introduced the latest version of Android, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and apart from the latest OS, it also packs good hardware features. This flagship smartphone of Google is catching good trend and has caught the eye of developers over it. There are many custom ROMs that have been developed for this smartphone, but all are not worth trying. In fact, trying all the ROMs is near to impossible. But a ROM named Maddoggin is worth to try. This is based on Android 4.2.1 and brings plenty of amazing features on your Nexus 4. All thanks go to XDA Developers Forum Member Maddoggin for developing the ROM.
Talking about the features of this ROM, it comes with extended power menu, quick settings, CM power widgets etc. If you wish to install this Maddoggin ROM on your Google Nexus 4, then this step by step tutorial may make the work easier for you.
The success in rooting and ROMs installation depends on your experience. If you are newbies in this field, then it might not be good for you to go ahead. If you want to carry on, then you are free to do so, but in case the tutorial does not work or results in any negative result, we shall not be blamed. Try it out at your own risk.
- Make sure that your Nexus 4 is having unlocked bootloader and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it.
- Your SMS, Call Logs and other important data may get wiped. So better to take backup.
- Start the process only when the battery is fully charged. 70 percent charged batter will also do the work.
Process to flash Maddoggin ROM for the Nexus 4 E960
- Download from Maddoggin ROM based on Android 4.2.1 from here.
- Now turn off your Nexus 4, and press the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons together to boot it into Fastboot mode. Once you are there, look for the Recovery option. Once you find it, just press the Power button to select it. This will enter your device into CWM Mode. Yeah, ClockworkMod.
- You are done with the initial steps. Now you need to select the file, the file that want to flash. Of course, as we want to flash the Maddoggin ROM, so we will be selecting the same.
- To select the file to flash, navigate to Install ZIP from SD Card > Choose ZIP from SD Card . Here you need to locate the Maddoggin ROM file. To find it, just go to the folder where you extracted the file downloaded in first step. Your desired file locates in this folder.
- Once you get the file, just click ‘Yes’. The installation process will get started. The whole process is matter of few minutes. So please have patience.
- Once the installation is done, just navigate to Go Back > Reboot System Now.
Your Google Nexus 4 will get restarted. When it will restart, it will be having the Maddoggin ROM flashed on it. Enjoy it.
You might also try Update Google LG Nexus 4 with Xylon Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM