Bored of using Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your Sony Xperia ion? Looking to buy a new smartphone just because you are no longer interested in the software part of your Xperia ion? Well, why don’t you upgrade it by installing ROM on it? Why don’t you install Android 4.1.2 on it? Yeah, Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for Sony Xperia ion LT28i is finally available. If you are among those who like to install custom ROMs, then you must keep reading this article ahead. It will teach you how to Install Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia ion LT28i.
We don’t guarantee about meeting the success on completion. The process may result in data wipe up or some other issues. So better to take risks after knowing the seriousness of negative outcomes. We shall not be held responsible for any negative outcomes, either minor or major.
- It’s better to be on safe side than feeling sorry later. So make sure to take the backup of data before starting with the process. Taking backup of data is quite easy. Many apps are there in Google Play to help you in this cause. Yes, they are free!
- Start the process after charging the battery for at least 80 percent mark. It’s better if you start the process with the battery meter indicating the full battery status.
- Make sure that all necessary USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia ion LT28i. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device. You need to go to settings section of your device to perform this step.
- Your Sony Xperia ion LT28i must be rooted. You might know that in order to install custom ROMs, your device must have custom Recovery installed on it. So, make sure that the ClockworkMod Recovery is installed on your Sony Xperia ion LT28i.
Don’t forget to check for : Best Custom ROMs for Galaxy S3
Procedure to Install Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia ion LT28i
- Download Paranoid Android 4.1.2 custom ROM from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Copy both of these files that you just downloaded. Paste them to the SD card of your device.
- Turn Off your Sony Xperia ion LT28i, and press the Volume + Home + Power keys together to enter it into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- In the CWM Recovery Mode, look for the option install zip from SD card. Select it and then navigate to choose zip from sdcard. In just the case you don’t know, let me tell you that navigation in the recovery mode is done with the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons. Any particular option is selected by pressing Power button.
- Now just locate the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step. Yeah, the Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM file.
- Installation process will start.
- Install Google Apps package in the similar way.
- Once the installation is finished, just go to the recovery main menu. There, select +++++Go Back+++++” and then “reboot system now”.
- Your Sony Xperia ion LT28i will start now.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia ion LT28i..
You might also like: Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4