Good news for all those out of you who own Sony Xperia Z. Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM is now available for this incredible smartphone. As per many members of XDA Forum, they have tested this ROM on their Xperia Z. They all are pretty much satisfied with this ROM, as it brings bunch of amazing features. If we take their reviews anything to go with, then Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM can surely enhance our experience with our Xperia Z. So, without wasting time, just dive into the below installation guide on How to Install Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM on Sony Xperia Z.
We don’t guarantee about meeting the success on completion. The process may result in data wipe up or some other issues. So better to take risks after knowing the seriousness of negative outcomes. We shall not be held responsible for any negative outcomes, either minor or major.
- It’s better to be on safe side than feeling sorry later. So make sure to take the backup of data before starting with the process. Taking backup of data is quite easy. Many apps are there in Google Play to help you in this cause. Yes, they are free!
- Start the process after charging the battery for at least 80 percent mark. It’s better if you start the process with the battery meter indicating the full battery status.
- Make sure that all necessary USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia Z. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode on your device. You need to go to settings section of your device to perform this step.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be rooted. You might know that in order to install custom ROMs, your device must have custom Recovery installed on it. So, make sure that the ClockworkMod Recovery is installed on your Xperia Z.
Install Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM on Sony Xperia Z
- Download the Android 4.3 Google Play Edition ROM file from here.
- This file should now be transferred to the SD card of your Xperia Z. For this, use the USB cable to connect the Xperia Z with computer. Then copy-paste the ROM file.
- Turn Off the device, and press the Volume + Home + Power keys together to enter it into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- In the CWM Recovery Mode, look for the option install zip from SD card. Select it and then navigate to choose zip from sdcard.
- List of all files currently saved in SD card of your Xperia Z, will be shown. In this list, look for the Android 4.3 ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Installation of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean will start.
- Reboot your device by tapping on “reboot system now” option in the main recovery menu.
Congratulations!! You are now having Android 4.3 Google Edition ROM installed on your Xperia Z. Simple! Want any help? Drop your queries in the below given comment box.
You might also like: Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S4