The South Korean firm Samsung has setup a big name in the smartphone marketplace by launching some awesome smartphones in the past few years. All smartphones by Samsung have received good hits and feedback from the customers, but Samsung’s Galaxy line-up has worked out as boon for company. The Galaxy line-up has got both high-end devices and mid-range devices.
Talking about mid-range smartphones by Samsung, the name ‘Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301′ does not need any introduction. This Samsung smartphone is aimed to attract low-budget customer, and it does so very well. Oh! So it attracted you as well, and you bought it straightaway? If this is the case, then you will be pleased to know that Samsung has rolled out XXAMXC1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for this esteemed smartphone. The update brings many amazing features to your Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301. All those out of you who want to install this official ROM manually, just follow the steps mentioned in the process given below.
Installing XXAMC1 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301
We don’t guarantee about meeting the success on completion. The process may result in data wipe up or some other issues. So better to take risks after knowing the seriousness of negative outcomes. We shall not be held responsible for any negative outcomes, either minor or major.
- It’s better to be on safe side than feeling sorry later. So, make sure to take backup of data before starting with the process. You can take backup of data manually or by using any app.
- Start the process after charging the battery for at least 70 percent mark.
- Make sure that all necessary USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301. Don’t try it on any other device.
Install XXAMC1 Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301
- First of all, you need to download the official XXAMX1 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware. Do it from here.
- You also need to download Odin to flash the ROM. Download the v3.07 of Odin from here.
- Switch off your smartphone and start it in the Download Mode. To do so, you need to switch ON your device while pressing Volume Down+ Home + Power keys together.
- Open Odin on your computer, and then connect your Galaxy Pocket Plus with it. If you see the message “Added!!” in Odin, then it means that the device is successfully connected. If not, then try connecting again.
- Do the following steps
Click the PDA button and select.tar file.
Click the Phone button, and then select the file that have the name *modem* in it.
Click the CSC button, and then select the file that have the name *csc* in it.
Click the PIT button, and then select the file that have the name in it.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes. If you have selected .pit file, then check Re-Partition box as well.
- In the Odin, click on ‘Start’. The installation of ROM will start.
- Your smartphone will root when the installation gets completed.
Congratulations!! The XXAMC1 Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware has been successfully installed on your Galaxy Pocket Plus S5301.
You may also like: Install Android Jellybean 4.2.2 Paranoid Firmware on Galaxy S2