Year 2012 was indeed a golden period for South Korean company Samsung. If on one side, the incredible Samsung Galaxy S III made the company to taste huge success, then on other side, the Galaxy Note II N7100 is getting good hits from customers. If you also own the Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100, then chances are high that you might have upgraded to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via XXDL4 official firmware. If this is so, then you might be looking for a way to root your Note II N7100so as to install custom ROMs on the same. Here I am up with a detailed tutorial on teaching you the process to root your Galaxy Note II N7100, and to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on it.
Though the process is simple, but there is not any guarantee of meeting with success only. There may be data loss or some other serious damage. Therefore, we advise you to follow the process at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
- Charge the battery and make sure that you start the process with at least 80 percent charged battery.
- Take the backup of data. Use any app or do it manually. Your choice!
- Navigate to ‘Settings‘ and then ‘Developer Options’ to enabled the USB Debugging Mode.
- The rooting process is only for Galaxy Note II N7100 devices with Android 4.1.2 XXDLJ4 official firmware installed on them. Make sure that you are running same on your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Make sure that the necessary USB Drivers are installed on your PC/Laptop.
Steps to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL4 Official Jelly Bean Firmware
- Download Android 4.1.2 CWM Recovery and rooting package from here.
- Download the Odin v1.85. Head over to this link to do so.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 and restart it in Download Mode. For this, press Volume Down + Home+ Power buttons together, and hold them till you see Samsung Logo or Red & Yellow text on your screen.
- Start Odin on your computer and use the USB cable to connect your Galaxy Note II N7100 to PC.
- If one of the ID: COM boxes in Odin turn Yellow, then it means that your device is successfully connected to your PC/Laptop.
- It is now time to choose the files to Flash. Perform the following step:
- Click the ‘PDA‘ button and choose the file “cwm6-root-note2.tar”. This file can be found in the folder where you extracted the rooting package downloaded in first step.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes and click on ‘Start’ in your Odin to begin the installation process.
- Your device will restart on the completion of process.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 is successfully rooted on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL4 official firmware. Got a question in mind? Hit it up in the comment section below.
You Might also like: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3