The first hit in the Samsung Galaxy smartphones line-up, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has received official Android Jelly Bean update. But this new update is rolled out in Europe only. If you are living outside, then also no need to worry as you can install this latest update manually. The update comes via Android 4.1.2 XWLS8 firmware. As the update is just released, so one may find some bugs in it. But it packs incredible features as well; like Galaxy S3 widgets, TouchWiz Nature UX, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play, Free 50GB Dropbox Storage and New Notification bar.
The success in rooting and ROMs installation depends on your experience. If you are newbies’ in this field, then it might not be good for you to go ahead. If you want to carry on, then you are free to do so, but in case the tutorial does not work or ends in any negative result, we shall not be blamed. Try it out at your own risk.
- Your SMS, Call Logs and other important data may get wiped. So better to take backup.
- Start the process only when the battery is fully charged. 70 percent charged batter will also do the work.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 must be factory unlocked, and then only it is wise to follow this process.
- USB Debugging Mode should also be enabled on your device. This is simple to do; just go to Settings ->> Applications ->> Development ->> USB debugging and check the box there.
- Make sure that you have the Galaxy S2 drivers installed on your PC. Download them from here.
- You must have active Internet connection on your PC.
Procedure to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLS8 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
- First of all, download this official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLS8 firmware from here.
- Download the Odin v1.85 from here.
- Press the Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together. Keep them pressed for a while and you will see an Android Robot on screen. Once you see it, tap the ‘Power’ button. You are now in the ‘Download Mode’.
- Launch Odin on your computer. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to computer by using USB Cable. On successful connection, one of ID: COM boxes will turn yellow in Odin.
- Now you need to select the files to flash. For this, proceed as:
Click the ‘PDA’ button and then select file ‘CODE’.
Tap the ‘Phone’ button and then select ‘MODEM‘.
Hit the ‘CSC’ button and then select file named ‘CSC’.
Click the ‘PIT’ button and then select .pit file.
- You will see three boxes namely Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and Re-Partition. Check the first two. The last one should be checked only in the case you have selected the .pit file.
- Click on ‘Start’ button. It will start the installation process.The process may take a few minutes.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 will restart on the completion of installation.
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XWLS8 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Cheers!!!
You might also like Rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 and Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.1.2 Jellybean.